Saturday, April 21, 2007

MAXWELL

I have more bad days than good - yet somehow - my boy keeps me going. A select few in my life keep me going. Music keeps me going too. I have not been truly MOVED by hip hop in quite some time. I stand by it, through all the bullshit releases, cause I believe in it. While it's not like it was in 86 when I started listening to it, every now and then, someone will come along to blow my mind. The album is "The Undisputed Truth" and the emcee is Brother Ali - truly putting it down with raw uncut emotion, mixing it up with political and battle rhymes. One song in particular that speaks directly to me is "Faheem" - dedicated to his son. I can only hope to write something as amazing as this for Max one day....

I ain't never met a child quite like you
Words don't suffice for me to describe you
You have a genuine goodness inside you
I watch you and wonder if I was ever like you
It's me and you brother for life
So when you put me in the ground look for me in the clouds
You make me the definition of proud
Taught me what this life is really about

No comments: