Tuesday, October 23, 2007

MARINATED bloggidy GOODNESS

It's Britney bitch. Shout out to The Warrior of Chaos. BOOYA. Ever lose touch with someone that you thought was one of the coolest, nicest, most talented people you've ever met? And then, one day, they show up in your inbox after around 12-13 years of no contact? That happened to me today. Mr.Dorey (aka: X-ian) is alive and well. We go back to high school, shared a love of music...Public Enemy, Paris, Consolidated, Meat Beat Manifesto...and both of us were definitely on the artistic tip coming up. You can get with this, or you can get with that. I just wanted to shout him out as well - it is DEFINITELY a beautiful thing being back in contact. Much respect. I'm just getting over a cold. I woke up with it on Friday morning with its claws well into me and there was no fighting it. I'd say I'm sitting at a comfortable 90% better now with a full weekend (and Monday) of rest. Take THAT. During my weekend of rest I became addicted to a few terrible shows - America's Most Smartest Model http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/americas_most_smartest_model/series.jhtml . . . Keeping Up With The Kardashians http://www.eonline.com/on/shows/kardashians/index.jsp?sid=nav-shows . . . and The Real Housewives Of Orange County http://www.bravotv.com/Real_Housewives_2 . . . which I think was a marathon of season one. All guilty pleasures and great to watch while on Tylenol Cold and Jack Daniels. I'm just coming through with that marinated bloggidy goodness...what more do you want from me? Back to Public Enemy for a minute, the Paris produced "Remix Of A Nation" ( www.guerrillafunk.com ) hits stores today. SUPPORT THAT! Also, the new PE video went up today over at www.publicenemy.com for "Black Is Back". Originally they wanted to sample AC/DC for the track but they couldn't obtain the rights. These things I know. I also know that waiting in a McDonald's drive-thru for 10 minutes with only one car in front of you is not right. That's why I let dude at the window know...and without cussing. So proud of myself. Can't have Max saying "you're a muthafuckin' bitch" to his friends in kindergarten. Not a good look. Just in case you haven't seen it written all over my face - I am madly in love with my fly little Puerto Rican from The Bronx. BX is in the BUILDING! What more can I say?! I'm so proud of my little man, he fits the very definition of EXCEL. He's writing letters and coloring and drawing pictures of me and him and it's just SO amazing to watch. He's only been in kindergarten for a month and half and it has been such a positive thing for him. Oh, and November 4th in Seattle - Rakim, Ghostface Killah and Brother Ali. To go or not to go, that is the question. To see the R, the fucking 18th letter just RIP mics in half LIVE would be incredible, Ghostface is solid and Brother Ali's latest confirmed that he's one of the few still carrying the torch for hip hop. Ponder young man ponder. Ramble young man ramble. So while the blogs may be few and far inbetween at times, I'm still here, doin' it, head above water, forward motion, keep movin' and movin'. Forward motion, stay fly and STAY FLY.....

1 comment:

Ken Bodensteiner said...

No heroes this season? Bionic Woman?