Wednesday, October 10, 2007

ELECTRIC RELAXATION

Once again, it's been a minute. These blogs are starting to marinate over a week or two. Don't know what to tell you except that IT'S LIKE THAT...and THAT'S THE WAY IT IS. I'd like to big up Absolut for creating Absolut New Orleans - mango and black pepper flavored vodka. All proceeds from the sale go towards Gulf Coast charities. Get yourself two bottles. Then, drop Absolut an email asking them why they don't have any drink recipes for it on their website. Still, over ice is nice and the flavor is really wonderful. www.absolut.com Did anyone watch the VH1 Hip Hop Honors show on Monday? Good stuff...mostly. Missy was honored much too early and Snoop being honored before Dre is crazy.....nothing comes out when they move they lips, just a bunch of jibberish and muthafuckaz act like they forgot about Dre. I like'em both but it's like they cut in line before some other people in the game and/or VH1 just got lazy. A Tribe Called Quest getting honored was HUGE. Phife, a diabetic, is in need of a kidney transplant YESTERDAY. I was shocked and saddened to see him looking so ill. I really hope he's okay. A Tribe Called Quest to me, really, is absolutely top 5 group of all time material. Who's a better group who released sooooo much incredible material? The first three albums are CLASSIC. Word is bond. People's Instinctive Travels And The Paths Of Rhythm, The Low End Theory and Midnight Marauders are ESSENTIAL. Beats, Rhymes & Life and The Love Movement round things out nicely although hurt a bit due to the sampling laws that came into affect after their 3rd album. Doesn't take away from the fact that they're one of the dopest groups ever. So since they are so good, you'd think some of these younger emcee's would recognize and show respect. Lupe Fiasco can catch a bad one. I'm done with dude. He came out for the Tribe tribute and forgot the classic verse, then went on to say that he's never even listened to Midnight Marauders and never will and that Eightball & MJG put out better stuff. REALLY?? He just shot his entire career (what's left of it) right in his FACE. Not his foot. His face. He will not recover. Kanye can't save you now you little bastard - he gave away all his good beats to Common and didn't even save any for his wack ass third album. CATCH A BAD ONE. I saw Transformers with Max and he loved it, as did I. Even though it's a bit different than the cartoon I grew up on, that is one monster of an action flick. A 180 from that is the new David Cronenberg film, Eastern Promises, starring Viggo Mortensen and Naomi Watts. Good movie, which has stayed with me since Saturday on the brain, and GREAT performance from Viggo. It's been compared to The Godfather which is a HUGE stretch, to say the least, but it's got LEGS and I'm hoping for a sequel. Why are my eyelids suddenly so heavy? Oh yeah - Absolut New Orleans. GET YOU SOME!! Clearly I didn't have anything of major importance to babble about so this would be the perfect blog. Why are my sentences coming out so funny tonight? Is it just me? I'm closing off here and there's nothing you can do to stop me. Keep this mind, right there at the forefront of your cranium in big letters, all caps - STAY FLY, ALL DAY, EVERY DAY....

1 comment:

Ken Bodensteiner said...

Awww yeah marinated bloggidy goodness