Thursday, November 22, 2007

I MAKE ya FEEL LOST like HIGH SCHOOL HISTORY

Stickabush...stickabush. Happy thanksgiving from your Canadian on America soil. I don't celebrate Canadian thanksgiving as it always passes me by without notice. And while I don't "celebrate" American thanksgiving either - it is absolutely a day for me to reflect and take that extra minute or two to really recognize and give thanks to people in my life. For the next 4 days it's just me and Max rollin' solo and I give thanks EVERY SINGLE DAY for having that little boy in my life. No matter past circumstances, he is nothing but pure GOODNESS, a wonderful little child with endless potential. Watching him grow by leaps and bounds makes me PROUD in every single fucking sense of the word. You won't find a parent much prouder than myself. World's proudest father is in the BUILDING...holla!! Just to go off track for a minute, cause that's what I DOO if you're just tuning in, I have completely spaced on RAVING about Jay-Z's "American Gangster" record. He was inspired to write it and record it after seeing a rough cut of the film, but what he ended up doing, is making the best album of his career. I've never been a Jay-Z fan...always thought he made better singles than complete albums. THIS JOINT is a complete ALBUM...and if you take a look around the wasteland called "hip hop" right about now - NO ONE is making an album that plays from start to finish anymore. So big up to Jay-Z cause the dude is a monster...check that live VH1 special if you don't believe me where he ran through almost every track over the course of an hour. Now where was I? Oh yes...giving thanks. I give thanks for April 16th, 2007 where my life was completely turned upside down in the most amazing of ways. Do you believe in love at first sight? Let's just say I really don't believe I'd be here or be in the kinda mindframe I'm in without MY FLY LITTLE PUERTO RICAN FROM THE BRONX. I can endlessly rave about her...I do every day...ask her. But I am just SO thankful that she came into my life when she did. What we share is really, TRULY special...untouchable, unbelievable...I pinch myself constantly. Upgrade 2007 til infinity. So THIS is what love is all about. Alright then. THANK YOU for you. When I talk to you on the phone, send you text messages, when I see you next week, I'll thank you...over and over again. To my man Champagne, The Warrior Of Chaos, Brian, T-Diggy, SamMan and Serafin...you have all held me up and held it down for me in one form or another. Thankful for you all. To Kevin & Stacie, to Mommy - you are such amazing additions to my life and have welcomed me with open arms. Thank you. Tonia (hey hey hey) my little chocolate drop - you've got my back quite like no other and I wanna thank you too. I should thank Emma (age 4) and Reese (age 3) as well since I'm pretty sure both of them are probably able to read this. I heard Emma is working with Stephen Hawking on a new edition of A Brief History Of Time and Reese is going to contribute as well with illustrations. How nice. This blog has gotten a bit personal and I hesitate to post but thanks again to all and take that extra minute to thank some of your peeps. Two blogs within 24 hours and the hits just keep on comin'. Time to chill with this glass of Absolut New Orleans and to remind you to stay fly, all day every day.....thank you.

No comments: