Wednesday, November 21, 2007

IT TAKES TWO to MAKE it OUT OF SIGHT

I wanna blog right now. I know it's been a HOT MINUTE since the last blog. For the seven of you reading this, it must seem like an eternity...like when X-Files was really popular and there would be months inbetween new episodes. The truth is out there. The truth of the matter is, I tried to write a blog last weekend, but I wasn't on my own computer, my keyboard...and never knew, until that moment, that it actually makes a difference. Down to BIZNESS. Last Friday night I saw Rob Base (no DJ E-Z Rock), Naughty By Nature and Coolio. Rob Base was pretty bad, Coolio was really bad (the crack is back) but it was like Nineteen Naughty III all over again when Treach and Vinnie took the stage. OPP, Everything's Gonna Be Alright, It's On, Uptown Anthem, Hip Hop Hooray, Craziest, Guard Your Grill, Feel Me Flow...they ran through them all, with passion...not even close to going through the motions...and you know they've performed these same damn songs for 10-15 year now. They brought it and I was a happy man. New album coming in 08. Oddest moment of the Naughty set - Treach pouring cognac over the Tupac tattoo on his arm while saying the following...(and I wish I had an audio clip)..."When I drink, you drink. When I smoke, you smoke. When I fuck, you fuck"......ooooo-kay there Mr.Treach. Last Saturday me and my fly little Puerto Rican from the BRONX chilled until late afternoon when it became time to get our sushi ON. So damn good. Wasabi Bistro - best sushi in Seattle. Their sister restaurant, Red Fin, has a great atmosphere, but you can NOT beat Wasabi's rolls. HELLZ to tha NO. Don't even try it, you might cause a riot, what the radio won't play, the underground will supply it. Ice-T quote from Squeeze The Trigger off Rhyme Pays. Random hip hop quotes happen to the best of us. Embrace it. Embrace beer. Kevin and Stacie got a garage full of it and I was lucky enough to sample it and sample it and sample it and sample it on Saturday evening, while taking in an amazing comedy routine that lasted a good 3 hours. (damn that was a HELL of a run-on sentence there Baird) The brat is asleep...I repeat, the brat is asleep. I'd like to shout them both out for a great evening. The war of the iPod's rages on. Winner yet to be determined but DAMN if I wasn't THRILLED OUT OF MY SKULL when selections from Buhloone Mind State by De La Soul started popping up. Really...all seven of you....okay, all 6 cause Stacie's got it....you must have De La Soul's third album in your collection. You may see 3 Feet High & Rising and De La Soul Is Dead on various top 20 lists of all time but the one, and I mean THE ONE you've got to own is BUHLOONE MIND STATE. Stickabush...stickabush...stickabush...stickabush. Sunday/Monday will now be known as the infamous 48 hour hangover...I don't want to talk about it. But let's talk about this - it's Wednesday night....and there's a blog here. For the next couple days I will check in with more ramblings than you can imagine. Maybe not that many, but I'm planning on more over the next 4 days. You have been warned. New episode of Project Runway in 45 minutes from now best reality show on tv - period. I sign off now, only to return again in another 24 hours. When I sign off, you sign off. When I blog, you blog. When I say you stay fly, you STAY FLY ON THE REAL TO REAL....

No comments: