Sunday, November 4, 2007

GANGSTA GANGSTA that's WHAT they're YELLIN'

It's not about a salary, it's all about reality. Can I get an extension on the weekend please? Another 48 hours would be good for me. Please and thanks. Met up with dear friends Brian & Guy on Saturday and got my hair cut by Toyo - little Japanese man with some SERIOUS SCISSOR SKILLZ. His technique is unlike anything I've ever come across. I was in awe the whole time and walked out very happy. My fly little Puerto Rican from The Bronx and I hopped into the back seat of Brian & Guy's new CLS (which is freakin' GORGEOUS) and we headed off to Ray's to grab a late lunch and drinks. Checked out Tiffany's afterwards and then grabbed some more drinks. Martini's for this kid all day long. WHUT?! Today, with the time change in full effect, we headed off to Macy's and the mall to look at stuff and then took in the 1:10 showing of AMERICAN GANGSTER. Oh, you're gonna wait until next week to see it? Oh, you're gonna wait until it comes out on dvd? Mark my words when I say that is one of the finest pieces of filmmaking in 07. Denzel and Russell came through with some SERIOUS a-game. Also some nice cameos in there from Fab 5 Freddy and Anthony Hamilton in one of the clubs scenes. Check for RZA in there and watch for his giant WU-TANG tattoo on his arm. Dope. Common and T.I. both seemed a bit under-used but held their own during their brief moments of screen time with Denzel. I am fascinated with true stories like this, where the character sets up and establishes his empire, gaining all this money and power, only to have it all taken away from him, everything crumbling in the end. You've really gotta see it - yes, YOU. All seven of you! The Amazing Race starts in 60 seconds. I will continue to type like a madman for your reading pleasure. Oh, and Jay-Z's "American Gangster" album is out on Tuesday - never been excited for one of his albums until now. Actually, not true - his Unplugged album is incredibly dope with The Roots backing him up. I'm a hustler baby, I just want you to know. I ain't where Stacie's been, but where she's about to go. BIG SHOUT OUT for not holding back on that trick bitch. Truly. Capital T to the R-I-C-K beeeeotch! We don't love dem hoes...and I definitely don't love anyone who is gonna come at you and your family all twisted like that. Best believe I got your back. It's like that, and that's the way it is. Damn that new Britney album is good - SAY WHUT?! It's Britney bitch. Break it down...break it down...break it down...break it down. It's frightening how it's stuck in my head the way it is. DOO DOO DOO! Alright look, I would write more but with The Amazing Race and America's Most Smartest Model on at the same time, I've got some serious flipping back and forth between channels to do. Wish me luck and on the real to real - STAY FLY...all day, every day.......

No comments: