Saturday, July 14, 2007

BITTERSWEET SYMPHONY...that's LIFE

Try to make ends meet, you're a slave to the money, then you die. There is a GOD and GOD made one of my favorite bands of ALL TIME get back together. THE VERVE. Together again. Recording a new album together. Proceed to scream like a little girl. Go here: http://www.theverve.tv/ Never thought they'd ever record more music together but love love LOVE that they are. "Urban Hymns" is one of my favorite albums EVER. By favorite, I mean up there with the greats - The Beatles "Revolver", Public Enemy "It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back", DJ Shadow "Endtroducing"...it's UP there. So you'll have to pardon me if I'm alcohol free and filled with glee. The feelings of congestion and general wackness are leaving my body. I think the allergy fever/cold/whatever this is has run its course and I should be good in the morning. Here's to me feeling normal again and not in some allergy fever haze, not being able to taste my food. Hate that. Hate that Megatron is a JET in the new Transformers movie. Thank you Michael Bay for destroying my childhood memories. I will not support, no matter how "cool" it looks. I will stick with the original animated movie from 1986 and be happy. (yikes, was it really that long ago?) I also own the soundtrack and used to have the movie poster hanging proudly on my wall...back in the day, back-back in the day. So we took a trip with Max to the doctor today after his mom discovered "something" in his ear, complete with blood. It turned out to be the tip of a pencil crayon. Max told us that one of his classmates at school did it. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. There's been some issues. We are taking him out of there and finding a new school for him. I hate to take him away from his friends but he'll be okay and make new ones just fine. Why is it so freakin' HUMID? Whine whine whine...it's annoying already. It's almost 10:30 and it feels like it's 85 degrees in this biz-notch. So aside from taking Max to the hospital, I've had an amazing day of unproductivity, complete with doing absolutely nothing and a splash of zip-zero-nada thrown in for good measure. It's been GREAT, thank you for asking. You don't wanna turn your back on me, when you least expect it, I come with the wicked method....(sorry, Cypress Hill, love it).....I'm creepin' on ya, with the red light beamin' on ya! That's from another great album...their 3rd project Temples Of Boom...woooo....crazy crazy good. Dark, dusty, moody Muggs production....OH!.....one of my favorite lines from B-Real off the track "Illusions"..."some people tell me that I need help...some people can fuck off and go to hell!" LOVE IT. Really, what's not to love? Random useless musical nugget of nothingness - Q-Tip did the remix on the single, an odd choice as much as I love him. Two blogs in a row and we're going to have our showcase showdown following these annoucements! I had Thursday off - took Max to school, came home, made breakfast and watched THE PRICE IS RIGHT. There's nothing I love better. Okay, there is...but we won't get into that right this very second. Get your walk on...walk walk and don't stop...walk this way....and while you're doing all that - STAY FLY on the real to real. Miracle cures for allergy fevers happen every day. F L Y . . . . .

No comments: