Monday, July 30, 2007

MORE than MEETS the EYE!

I'm going for three blogs in a row with not a drop of alcohol in my system. Drip...drop...drip...DROP. So Tom Snyder is dead. I can clearly remember when I lived in Alaska, staying up late making mixtapes...yes, tapes, as in, CASSETTE TAPES...and his show would come on after Letterman I think and sometimes he'd have some really great people on there. I always appreciated his interview style, very conversation-like, as if he had a genuine interest in what the person had to say. I don't recall his questions being scripted like, say...oh, I don't know...OPRAH? A statement like that out in public might get me JUMPED but we're here in the land of cyberspace and I can say whatever I'd like. I think Oprah is wack, but back to Tom Snyder. He did really great interviews. Period. Remember this? "Fire up a colortini, sit back, relax, and watch the pictures, now, as they fly through the air." He said it every night. Peace to Tom Snyder. Go here if you wanna take it BACK to another dude who I used to watch ALL the TIME - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH6D4LvYZwA - featuring the likes of YoYo, MC Lyte, Naughty By Nature, CL Smooth, A Tribe Called Quest, Guru, DAS EFX, Wu-Tang Clan, KRS ONE, Mad Lion, Fu-Schnickens...amazing. Tomorrow - 300 on dvd and the new Common album. What more could you ask for? The new Public Enemy? That's out NEXT Tuesday. GET THAT. BUY THAT. SUPPORT THAT. Let's call this a blog and call it GOOD cause I don't think I have much more to babble about. Word to the seven people reading this. Word to vodka pasta sauce. Word to gardenburger. Word to being so fly.....SO FLY. I'm out.....ZED.

No comments: