Wednesday, July 18, 2007

SOMETIMES CLEVER TITLES ESCAPE me

On the eve of 31 becoming 32, one might pause and reflect and look over the last 365 days or so. But not me. I'm on this forward moving, don't look back, look at me muthafuckaz train. I've seen the future and it will be. I've climbed out of the past 6 months a better person, a stronger person and ultimately, as I type this to no one in particular except for a select few, I am the happiest I've ever been. By that, I mean, I am the happiest I have EVER been. I did not stutter. The feeling of true happiness, one that is so true and so pure is hard to come by, but when it hits you - you know it. There's no denying it. Why would you? Fact of the matter is, many of us just go day in and day out, going through the motions, thinking we're happy when we're not...when we're not pushing ourselves, not truly satisfied on multiple levels. Eventually it'll make you feel dead, like you serve absolutely no purpose. You gotta have purpose, gotta be able to get out there and try new things, take risks, see failure, feel success and know that you fucking deserve it. The drinking has taken a backseat for the moment. I went through some mad weeks of mad drinking...not excessively by any means, but if the mind is not clear, the actions and reactions to situations thrown your way will not be either. So you gotta get some goals for yourself, some ideas, some dreams and see what you're able to obtain. Fuck anyone who tries to crush that. Shine. The beginning of 2007 was a difficult one for me - beyond difficult. Hard to really comprehend how I made it through everything but here I am, and guess what? The final months of 2007 will be amazing. Your boy is happy. Holla!! And it's not because of one shot of Absolut Raspberry either. Delicious. So what's up and what's been going on? I'll be interviewing Gary G-Wiz from The Bomb Squad (one of Public Enemy's producers) next week for Rapstation - couldn't be more thrilled. I guess he's checked out some of my past stuff I've done interview-wise and he's excited to talk me. ME. Imagine that. There's been music I've downloaded recently in the last 2 days that makes me feel like not all is lost. For one, that new Public Enemy single with those G-Wiz horns. Also, new Chaka Khan featuring Mary J Blige, 4 new CLASSIC tracks from the upcoming Common album, new Jill Scott and Angie Stone - two ladies that'll sing tha ish out a track...even the 3 new Kanye tracks I've heard are all real good. There's some much needed SOUL coming back into music or being added into the dying art form known as hip hop. It's a beautiful thing. Sometimes you just gotta get on here and type whatever comes to you...don't look back. You think I'm going back and editing out ISH? Hardly. I breeze through at the end and check for spelling but whatever hits the page, stays on the page. Inner-most thoughts...it's kinda how I do...rapid fire lines. So happy birthday to me. I need to end things here and head for the land of zed's....it's also how I doo. On the real to real, do what you feel, and above all - STAY FLY.........

1 comment:

Eveliina said...

Happy Birthday Baird!!! :0)