Sunday, July 29, 2007

GETTIN' ya DOWN like GRAVITY

This hip hop's in me...so they can't stop me...the rhyme animal has resurfaced...wreckin' all elements...destroyin' all irrelevance!! How is one supposed to go to work tomorrow? Really? REALLY? I've got a copy of the new Public Enemy which I can't stop listening to, and I get to interview Gary G-Wiz who has single handedly created some of my favorite PE tracks. No joke, the kid is AMPED. So what else is happening? Common's new album is out on Tuesday ($10 at Circuit City...snatch dat UP!) and so is "300" which is one hell of a movie. Frank Miller is genius and, really, that's all that needs to be said. See it. Watch it. Rent it. Buy it. Do what you gotta do. Just make sure you check that cause it'll make your jaw drop. That's a good thing. Know what else is good? LIFE. I'm just sayin'. It's funny how so much GOOD GOOD GOOD comes out of so much BAD. Weeks and months go by, just taking things day to day, just barely getting by, operating on autopilot and then suddenly...a 180 of GINORMOUS proportions. It's a real deal official word. Check the new Webster's if you don't believe this babbling blogging idiot. The secret is THREE shots of that Absolut Raspberry...not two. Trial and error, error and trial. I'm more than okay with that. That's life. Stacie and Kevin has been sharing LIFE for 10 years now and they've been celebrating all weekend long with peeps from all over and I really wish them nothing but the absolute BEST. Cheers you two. Hope you had a fabulous weekend. I went download crazy at the iTunes store last night, staying up well past my bedtime downloading the likes of Lily Allen (3 b-sides and a remix), Camp Lo, a track with Eminem & Masta Ace, DJ Jazzy Jeff featuring Method Man, Marco Polo featuring Masta Ace, O.C. & Copywrite, two tracks featuring R.A. The Rugged Man (illest emcee on the planet, PERIOD), Garbage remixed by Massive Attack...even downloaded Push It by Salt N Pepa, cause dammit, why the hell not? But because of staying up late to download all that, this blog may be a tad short. You really can't complain though - it's two blogs within 24 hours. Will it ever happen again? Will Baird's silly ass be able to do a third tomorrow? Will the ground shake and mountains crumble at the very thought of it all? Is this the most dramatic ish you've ever read in your life? My eyelids are getting heavy, forgive me. I must now retire...for this evening. If I'm back tomorrow it will be some kind of miracle. Must have something to do with god's day or some ish like DAT. Like this, that, and this and uhhhhh.....oh! Erykah Badu's debut and Warren G's debut have been re-issued, both with a bonus cd of remixes and ISH like that. Madness. Madness in the hood I tell you!!! Why can't I stop typing?! Pull me away from the damn computer..."PUBLISH POST" and let's be OUT this muthafucka. Off to catch mad ZED's for REAL. In closing, I'd like to remind you - stay fly....off the damn scales, even surrounded by the blinking lights and sounds of video games at 11 o'clock in the morning. F to the L to the Y....all day, every day.............

No comments: