Sunday, August 19, 2007

I'm MELLOW like JELL-O, cool like LEMONADE

I know. Shut it. It's been a minute. The blogs are not as frequent as they once were. Is it because I have fallen into a deep depression because Lily Allen has cancelled her Seattle show next month? No. Is it because Amy Winehouse is almost destined to do the same thing? No. Is it because Jessica is sittin' on DUBS and I'm not? No. The fact of the matter is, there really is NO solid, concrete reason. It is what it is. But make no mistake about it - the kid is happy. Happier than he's ever been. Can you imagine Max living in Oregon and me being okay and happy about it? ME? HAPPY? About something like THAT? What kind of drugs are you on exactly? It's a potent mix of SOMETHING. Max is not going anywhere. He's still here, in full e-f-f-e-c-t....a smooth operator, operatin' correctly! So we're watching Teen Titans "Big Trouble In Tokyo" this afternoon and Beast Boy is getting hit on by all these Japanese girls (don't get me started on my dad...) and Max turns to me and says "daddy, Beast Boy likes girls...just like me!" Yes. I know. I'm got my hands full. Please don't make me have to have "the talk" with him at age 7. I'm just sayin'. The mannequins at Macy's are feeling awfully violated right about now. That's my boy...HOLLA!!!! I'd like to shout out the Vegas posse right now who will be returning to Seatown tomorrow, destined to become stars of The Hills next season. PEOPLE!! Slot, slot and don't stop. If your soul loves the sun, money slot on. 1-2 and ya don't stop. I was going through some of my containers full of stuff over the weekend and came across a gem which leads me to my next shout out. Flatline & The Funky Beats at the fair in Anchorage...I'm guessing 94 or 95...somewhere in there. T.C. on guitar, Pat on bass and The Warrior Of Chaos (whut up?!!?) on those damn BEATS...the man is an animal. We tore through 4 or 5 songs as I recall, none lasting more than 3 minutes cause that's how we did and how we doo. Anyways, through the beauty of the Passat having a cd and a tape player, I'll check it out tomorrow morning on the way to work and see how it holds up. Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for YEARS. The horse show was shut down for 2 weeks. I think it's re-opening on Wednesday. NEIGH! NEIGH!! Damn it feels good to be a gangsta. I shelled out the dough for a Lordz Of Brooklyn t-shirt last night - only 250 printed up - limited edition by Mr.Kaves. (want one? yeah ya do. go to www.lordzofbrooklyn.com) Still planning a trip to Brooklyn off in the future to have him hook me up with a Flatline tattoo, cause dammit, that's how I DOO. woo woo woo woo! Happy birthday T!! The wishes weren't late (hell, they were early) but reading this now it may appear like I'm slippin'. Nope. Never that. I'm tryin' not to lose my head. Max is talking in his sleep right now...either that, or it would translate into "muthafuckin' dad, stop ya noisy ass typing, I'm tryin' to catch my zed's...shit!!" I love my boy. To all the parents reading this - cheers. It is not an easy gig sometimes, always challenging, yet FOREVER rewarding. Ever miss someone sooo much that it hurts? I'm just sayin'. Resurrect the god through birth best believe. Still with me? Follow me-follow me-follow me-follow me but don't lose ya grip. I'm gonna end it off here and go in search of mad zed's...but if you need to call me at 3:30 in the morning I won't be mad at cha. On the real to real, stay fly....F to the L to the Y.........

1 comment:

Adam Slivers said...

I second that shout out to Flatline circa 94-95. I used to listen to your show on KRUA as a high-schooler back then. I recently pulled out my old pause tapes from 95 to reminisce over some of the rarer songs that I haven't heard since -- and let's not forget your freestyles! It's still fun to listen to (although tape sounds terrible), so thanks for helping me explore the hip-hop back in ANC. I even got some free tickets and stuff for calling in.