Saturday, June 23, 2007

SHAKEN not STIRRED AFTERNOON

This is how it's going down. Back in the building y'all. Jazzy Jeff and CL Smooth playing in the background, sun shining down where they claimed there would be rain, and your host - me - up in this mutha sippin' on Skyy Berry and white grape fruit juice. Not too bad. Gotta experiment with this one a bit. So Max is off with his mom for a week and I'm Max-less. I got a pic of him on the train, looking out the window. Great stuff. I know he's excited to go and he said he'd miss me so that's all good. When I'm with him next week at this time it'll be just that much better. My martini glass I'm drinking out of has this blue swirl that goes around the glass...FLY. You know how we do it. Comin' from the westside, westside. It's hittin' on the westside, westside. So after dropping off Max, I went and got gas and was delighted to fill up the Passat for an almost even 40 bucks. That's the cheapest it has been in months. Hopefully a pattern will start occuring. Sat in Starbucks, drinking an orange mocha, reading Seattle Weekly. It was nice to just chill for a bit on my own. Then I went to Fred Meyer to go grocery shopping. I see a spot. PRIME spot. Away from carts and other cars - the best spot on the lot. I'm clearly not paying attention to anything else but the spot and zip right in. I'm grabbing my stuff, about to get out when I hear this tap-tap-tap. An older gentlemen is standing outside my car so I open my door. I took his spot. He had been waiting, I wasn't paying attention, and I took his spot! I felt like an idiot. I apologized, explaining that it was not intentional, and told him I would move so he could have the spot. He refused, telling me that he would find another one across the way and that I was a real gentleman in the way I handled the situation. I wait until he parks, get out and shake his hand on the way into the store, telling him how stupid I feel. He again repeated how nice I was about everything and not to worry - "you're a nice young man". I guess proof of that was me getting ID'ed for the beer in the store and again over at the liquor store when I picked up my Skyy and some more Bacardi Razz. Bottomline - pay attention to what the hell you're doing. Don't become a victim of not-paying-attention-itis. Criminal minded, you've been blinded, lookin' for a style like mine, you can't find it. I ain't no joke, I used to let the mic smoke. 1989, the number, another summer, get down, sound of the funky drummer! Once I got home from the store, I made lunch and threw on one of my old vhs tapes with a bunch of old hip hop videos...came across this 3rd Bass spotlight from RapCity...so dope. All their videos and interview snippets from Serch and Daddy Rich (not sure where Pete Nice was at)....glad I still have those joints on tape. Classic classic...better than I ever been...timeless timeless. Max tagged up his leg before he left for his trip. Normally he'll grab my Sharpie (non-toxic) and write "Max" on his leg. Today, he wrote "Daddy". That should be there for a couple days. Hell to the yeah, that's my boy. So I hope you're having a good Saturday. Remember that tomorrow is the lord's day and you wanna praise the lord. Can I get an amen? Amen. Ah praise the lord ah praise the lord. God bless you and big baby jesus. On the real to real what the deal? I babble like this, I babble like that, I babble with the whiffle ball bat soooo.....in closing, get yourself some Skyy Berry and check the website - skyy.com - to mix some ish up. Do it do it do it. I'm gonna mix myself up another right about now so may big baby jesus be with you. I know it's only Saturday...I'm just sayin' though! IGOTCHOO! Stay fly all day every day.....

1 comment:

Ken Bodensteiner said...

Hah, you stole a parking spot! How classic, I almost spit out my coffee all over dis keyboard...