Sunday, June 10, 2007

TONIGHT I'M a ROCK N ROLL STAR

Today was gonna be the day they were gonna throw it back to you... About 20 minutes ago, I thought I might pass out. Oh hell, he's drinking alone again. No I'm not...I'm just TIRED. I did whip up five super size tacos and consumed them with a Corona but, other than that and an after dinner Bacardi, I'm GOOD. "After Dinner Bacardi"...somebody make a note of that one. I can tell you I did absolutely NOTHING this morning. Max liked the camp out in the living room and I had no problem not tearing down camp until sometime after 11. We got our grocery shop on, had lunch, then headed back out again to Borders and Toys R Us. To you parents at Toys R Us with the children who scream like their legs are being cut off, here's a suggestion. There's this amazing invention called the internet - use it. Go to toysrus.com and stay home with your ear piercing little monsters. Oh Baird, you're so mean. Oh really get over it. Tomorrow is Monday and you know what that means? Neither do I. Another week, another dollar, makes me wanna holler. HOLLAATCHABOY!! I wonder what US3 are doing right this very minute. Biddy-biddy-bop...funky funky! Yeah, really? Not so much. The remix that Eric "Vietnam" Sadler did of Cantaloop though, THAT was funky. Got that on cassette somewhere around here. All praise be to the early hip hop releases getting proper re-release treatment. Kool G Rap & DJ Polo, Schooly D, Masta Ace...all getting that deluxe treatment, and it's about time!! Don't slip money grip, it's called word to the third. Oh, and the Beastie Boys are releasing a new album, all instrumental any day now. I heard 2 tracks from it that nearly put me to sleep. Hey kid, throw on that new Beastie Boys record...they play their instruments on it, badly. I just don't see the point. Oh, no, wait...they know they'll make a ba-zillion dollars off it....or maybe not. It'll be interesting to see I guess. I am experiencing that fading feeling again. Will post this sucker up as soon as someone tells me what Lady Kier from Deee-Lite is doing. No joke, "Dewdrops In The Garden" (their last album if you don't count the remix project) still gets major play...could be released tomorrow and would still stand up just fine. I am about to do the opposite and go lay down, kickin' it in the land of Zed's. Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead. On the real to real, what the deal? You know the drill - stay fly - all day, every day. *breaking news* Lady Kier will be in Seattle on August 1st at the Lake Superior Gay Pride Festival. www.ladykier.com Say WORD! Stay fly........

1 comment:

lookin4you2xist said...

check her myspace page and her web site loved everyone of the cds .i just wish i could find the japanese remixes cheaply ...I want to do some video remixes of her