Friday, June 22, 2007

THA BIGGY-IGGY-BLOG DAMN DIGGY!

And now may I present to you, a 180 from last night's blog. Drum roll please....KA-BLAM! Yes yes y'all and ya don't stop. Hold up...actually, we gotta stop, only for a moment....just so....I can get...something...to DRINK. Get UR drink on. This is totally unscripted. OHHH MOMMY! Stella Artois anyone? That's nice. I could have used one of these when I was watching everyone in animated form, go through the motions in Shrek 3 - not that I was a fan of the first 2, although the 2nd one was pretty damn funny in parts. What's important is that Max liked it. "That was totally awesome dad...high five!" Nothing makes me happier than moments like that. My mind was wandering through out the movie. Near the end, it was just really hard to concentrate. Concentrate...concentrate. Wonder how many copies XZIBIT's last album sold? "Concentrate" slams. Roll out with that...BUMP BUMP BUMP. So are Tupac and Johnny Cash just kickin' it right about now? Why is there no new music coming out anymore that I'm interested in?? It has been MONTHS since I have bought something new. I've heard of NOTHING new coming out this summer that even sparks my interest. The times in the music business they are a changin'. Plans for this weekend include a whole lot of nothing. I will be Max-less for the next week which will be really, really, really, really odd - but I suppose I can use that time as a break, not that I really need one...or maybe I do and I just don't know it yet. So I backed the Passat up into a freaking WALL this morning when I was parking. Just a slight tap, wasn't going fast or anything but got out and felt like a complete idiot. Me, freak about my vehicle (I can admit it) and I back it up into a wall. Smooth. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta. Damn I don't like the allergy fever. The congestion is coming and going and it's messin' with the kid...nothing a cold bottle of Stella won't fix though. Word'em up. Word to your cat(s). Word to your uncle. Whose house? RUN'S HOUSE!!!!! I ate chocolate today that made my teeth hurt...thanks mommy. Like I said, totally and completely unscripted. Just when you think I'm going in one direction I bust a left and head in another. Where is Dave Chappelle? Charlie Murphy, would you like some pancakes? Tomorrow, I'm gonna get me some g'damn Lucky Charms...and some Honey Smacks?....Sugar Smacks? Smack-e-smack-smacks? Whatever they're called - the puffed wheat coated in sugar. Gimme some of THAT! You can get with this or you can get with that...you can get with this cause this is where it's at. Go listen to Black Sheep "A Wolf In Sheep's Clothing" - damn fine album, one that kinda sat in the shadows of A Tribe Called Quest and De La Soul - even if there was more to them than "The Choice Is Yours" and "Flavor Of The Month". I think they had 4 singles off that joint - unheard of today. Think about it. Jay-Z, biggest rapper on the planet, head of Def Jam, releases his last album and had...what?....2 singles? 2 videos? Oh, and that was my point - Black Sheep had the singles AND the videos to go along with them. Record labels actually used to take the time to work a project over time instead of the album being "done" in 3 to 4 weeks. Thank you Stella and Absolut Mandarin for contributing greatly to this ramble...but it's unscripted - the real deal. You've never met anyone like me in your LIFE. Microphone checka, one-two-checka. I wonder what DAS EFX are doing...right.....NOW? So if we put the iggy here and the diggy here, we should have a hit. Shhhhit, if Bone Thugs N Harmony can come back, you KNOW that a DAS EFX comeback album is right around the corner....and I would LOVE IT. Their first one is praised as a classic, and rightfully so, but their second joint - Straight Up Sewaside - OHMYGGGGAWD, I played tha SHHHIT out that album!! No joke! CLASSIC to me. Classic. Had to spell it again. Looks funny all in caps. Thank you again to our special guests, Stella and Absolut...wanna thank you for coming through. Lucky Charms, we'll get to your punk azz tomorrow. Hold ya head. Represent to the fullest. And dammit, above all - STAY FLY. You know the drill...YA HEARD?!

No comments: