Friday, May 4, 2007

MIDNIGHT in a PERFECT WORLD

It's not midnight...about 3 hours shy from that. The sounds of DJ Shadow's "Endtroducing" are coming out the speakers. It's ridiculously good. The last show I went to was DJ Shadow back in September - amazing. No wait, it was Public Enemy in December. Two of my all time favorites right there. Another one of my favorites will be here on Sunday and I'm going to the show - Morrissey. Granted I haven't really been listening to his stuff for the past 6-7 years now, there's no denying the greatness of his solo material and especially his work with The Smiths. His music played a major role in my life coming up, back in high school and college. I would happily listen to Eric B & Rakim, then throw on a Smiths record, back into some shit by Ice Cube, then throw on Vauxhall & I by Morrissey. Allllll over the damn place, but that's a good thing. Look at my cd collection - RUN DMC to The Verve, A Tribe Called Quest to Nine Inch Nails...Al Green to The Beatles, Rage Against The Machine to Digital Underground. (damn DJ Shadow's beats are sick!!!) Cheers to all those reading - I salute you. Ramble young man ramble. SpiderMan 3 is out today and I couldn't be more excited about it. The first one was good, the second one was great. In fact, is there a better comic book movie than SpiderMan 2? I think not. Batman Begins certainly comes close but those Spidey movies are something else. A comic book come to life. Paris Hilton is going to jail - and surprisingly - it's not for trying to sing. The media seems to be a bit out of control...the Entertainment Tonight's and all that - ready to praise all these celebrities and just as quickly, bring them down. That's kinda sad to me...no wonder so many of them crumble under the pressure. (did I mention DJ Shadow is one bad mutha...? DAMN) Tomorrow I've got my son coming over - my little man. He called me today at work and said "daddy, I'm sorry for being grumpy yesterday". So sweet. That's my boy. Whatever would I do without him? Whatever would I do with half the people in my life? Some people just step up more than others. Some people will let you down, others will exceed your expectations on all levels. Some people will make your head spin, others will make you wanna spin their head straight off. (moooooo!) This blog is really really good for me...it's like therapy, only it's for the entire world to read. I think this internet thing might be catching on. Expect the unexpected. Don't be so set in your ways that you can't welcome in new people and new ideas. I'm sorry if I'm all over the place...stuff comes to me and I type like a madman. 2007 - a horrible year that just might turn out okay after all. One can hope right? No matter the outcome, just gotta keep-keep-keepin' on...doin' the damn thing. Whutitdoo whutitdoo?! I could go for a hot tub right now. My mic sounds nice...check one....my mic sounds nice...check two. Leaving you off with a pic from the PE show....they tore that joint down for 2+ hours....crazy. Lifesaver...it's the FLAVA!! Oh, and shout out to my man Champagne - always got my back - we roll deep........somebody get me another drink......

No comments: